Monday, May 31, 2010

a taste of lagrange

We visited with my parents in LaGrange, GA last week and here's a taste of our visit to this little Georgia town:

Low country boil!!!! Check out those crawfish boil plates I grew up on, haha.


Mom got some huge fresh shrimp (something I haven't seen since I left the South) and she added some chipotle sausage for a little extra kick. And of course the traditional potatoes, corn and onion were added too. We were swooning over that smell of crab boil!


Andrew and I "practiced" hiking (he made me) while we were there too. We got this CamelBak thing and Andrew wanted to prep for our trip to the Black Hills in South Dakota this summer. We're planning on hiking Mt. Harney, which is about 7,000 feet and Andrew always says some fact about it being "the tallest peak west of the Rockies" or something like that. Anyway, it's about a 6 mile day hike. He had 2, 5 lb dumb bells and 2, 17 lb weights in the back pack! So in all it was 35 lbs on his back and 10 in hand! And at one point I had it all to give Andrew a break! Whew! We've both been sore for a few days :)And here my hiker husband striking a serious pose :). My parents' neighborhood is VERY hilly (I mean which isnt in GA?), the first sharp hike was the driveway!

No comments:

Post a Comment