Wednesday, May 12, 2010

May snow and enchiladas

So actually it has cooled down a LOT here! The high is in the 40s!! What is going on? I've broken out my pea coat and thought about pulling out the Uggs again. Weird. Weather here is up and down. This weekend is warming up and next week it will be sunny and 77. Whew, thankfully the warmth is in sight! And last Friday night it snowed! Seriously! Wet snow. I was glad it was at night otherwise I would have cried. Andrew woke up the next morning and exclaimed that no snow had stuck. I was both relieved and annoyed (that we had to worry about snow in May!) at the same time...here's what I saw this morning:

47°F | °C
Current: Cloudy
Wind: E at 8 mph
Humidity: 74%
Wed
Showers
47°F | 43°F
Thu
Scattered Showers
53°F | 43°F
Fri
Partly Cloudy
69°F | 48°F
Sat
Mostly Cloudy
71°F | 52°F









Well I went to Bethel this morning to see a bunch of girls and I love them! One was performing, I got to see several others. I do love my job and I really do love these girls! Tonight I'm excited to have Greta and Megan over for dinner. And I'm breaking out my usualy low-maintence, last minute easy dinner: Chicken enchiladas. Andrew's probably SO tired of them but I really could eat them at least once a week! And I've decided to try this new salad with the enchiladas tonight. it sounds soo good:

"Romain, Avacado and corn salad.
1 small head romain lettuce, cut into 1/2 in. strips
1 1/2 cups fresh corn
1 cup cherry tomatoes,halved
1 avacado, peeled, pitted and cut into 1/2in. cubes
1 T. fresh lime juice
1/2 tea. chili powder
1/2 tea. sugar
2 tea. oilve oil
Place lettuce, corn and tomatoes in bowl. Add 3/4 of the avacado.
In a blender, puree rest of avacado,3T. water,lime juice,olive oil,sugar, and chili powder. Season with course salt and pepper.
Adjust seasonings to taste. Pour over salad and toss gently.

I use frozen corn in winter for this, just defrost. I've also added crumbled goat or blue cheese on top of salad. If making in advance, I'd wait to cut avacado and make dressing until time to serve."

We'll see how it goes. And the enchiladas are the easiest thing I've probably ever made. Pull some rotisserie chicken, mix it with light sour cream, cheese, and green chilies. Fill tortillas with the mixture and bake for around 30 min. Then pour enchilada sauce on top. Wow! They are so good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment