Thursday, May 13, 2010

going blog crazy

Blog, blog, blog! I've been going crazy delving into the blogosphere the past few days.

Here are a few that I already love and visit often:
  1. The Pioneer Woman: www.thepioneerwoman.com. Love this blog. She's hilarious, down to earth and has some good cookin'! I can not only relate to her spunk but her radical change in surroundings after getting married. Or as she puts it: "high heels to tractor wheels".
  2. Young House Love: www.younghouselove.com. This cute couple has a great eye for style and offer a ton of design inspiration.
  3. Apartment Therapy: www.apartmenttherapy.com. Fun design ideas and tips
  4. Food Gawker: www.foodgawker.com. This was my exposure to the serious world of food blogging. Thanks to Megan at GT, I started to check back for more recipe ideas.
  5. The Nest: www.thenest.com. The sequel to The Knot and precursor to The Bump sites, The Nest is a fun place to spend a few hours perusing paint colors, design schemes and other fun tid-bits!
  6. Simply Recipes: www.simplyrecipes.com. Though sometimes she seems to make things the hard way, there are some tasty recipes on ther! I've modified some if the recipes and used them for inspiration. Really though, a great recipe collection.

Some I'm looking forward to keeping an eye on:
  1. CookSister:www.cooksister.com. I havent been able to check back too often, but this South African has brough tback memories of my visit to her motherland.
  2. The Bitten Word: www.thebittenword.typepad.com
  3. The Homesick Texan: homesicktexan.blogspot.com Maybe its my sheer love of Mexican and Tex-Mex food, but I have a feeling I'll be eating some yummy meals from this blog!
Whew! and really I can't keep away from Cooking Light, Southern Living , The Food Network, DIY, HGTV, and lately Craigs List online. Andrew and I (or really just me) have been searching for a narrow buffet/dresser we can put in the dining/living/main area of our place. We'd love to fix it up and do it together. It would sit near our dining room table, under the floating shelf and next to the rando wet bar. Wish us (me) luck on this andventure to find a little fixer-uper to call our very own.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Love the blog. Found you while looking at my blog to see who's visited. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete