Wednesday, February 1, 2012

going, going...

The last week and the next week for us have been filled with travel.  We initially went down to southern Minnesota for a staff planning retreat to think ahead for the next few years of the ministry.  It was productive but also a blast as these co-workers are some of my great friends.  With busy lives we rarely get to spend that much time together, so it was a sweet few days.  With a day break, we unpacked and re-packed for a little babymoon! Yess!

Hubby had been hoping to make this a grand "last vacation" since we found out we were pregnant.  Though it was looking less and less like a reality, he as usual pulled out a wonderful last minute deal.  I was thankful the babymoon wasn't to Iowa, Wisconsin or Michigan, which I was preparing for.

No, instead we hopped on a plane and landed in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico! Seriously: 80 degrees, sunny, Pacific Ocean, yummy food and me and my best friend!  It was great.  Plus, since we used frequent flyer miles to book our tickets we had to have a 1 day layover in Atlanta.  That meant we got to see our families and romp around our old town.  We headed to Doc Chey's for a fun lunch with our moms then did a little shopping and hanging out.  Not to mention we stopped at the Belly General Store near Ponce and Virgina for one of my favorite cupcakes! And I felt like the most stereotypical prego ever.  

Hubs and I after lunch: 24 and a half weeks

me and the soon to be grandmothers :)

After making it back to our janky airport hotel we got a call from my Dad that we was flying in town that night so he picked us up for dinner.  We were so grateful that our hours in Atlanta we so fueling.

The next day bright and early we headed back to the airport for Mexico.  And it was amazing!  Though laying out was not all that comfortable with an extra 20 pounds and a giant basketball at my front, we had the best time ever!
Andrew was so pumped he had to take a pic






Gotta love maternity swimsuits! Here's me and boys at the beach!

mountains + ocean!

showing off my belly after playing a little tennis


a near by marina


sunsets were gorgeous

We were so thankful for the quality time plus all the reading we got to do.  Here's what's been on our lists lately:
  • Bringing Up Boys by Dobson
  • A Mother's Heart by Flemming
  • One THousand Gifts by Vonkamp
  • Juggling Twins
Well, I've got to run a finish packing for our next trip.  We leave today for a week in Lebanon.  More details to come!


1 comment: