Monday, June 6, 2011

myrtle

I'll be down here in Myrtle Beach, SC for the next month.  We drove down to GA to see our families before heading up here to spend time with the 100+ college students we work with. It's been a blast for sure, but has been chaotic and Andrew and I are both spent at the end of the day.  Anyway, we've been here for about a week and I'm readjusting to the "Myrtle" culture.  Ya know: bikers, leathery skin, lots of tourists, lots of American flags waiving, really nice and huge Wal-Marts, Piggly Wiggly grocery stores, etc.  

One "myrtle" thing was the wedding ceremony on the public beach next to our not-so-nice motel.  It seemed like a nice ceremony and couple, but was so weird! Men with big hairy bellies and lots of tattoos, teens playing frisbee and boogie boarding and lots of fluorescent teeny bikinis were the backdrop. They played formal music and took pictures on the beach afterward but I was watching from my hotel deck in my swimsuit.  A funny scene for sure.

A picture will come soon... and more of an update, but for now, this is all I got!

No comments:

Post a Comment