Wednesday, May 25, 2011

roadtrippin' down south

Last weekend Andrew and I drove from Minnesota down to Atlanta. We of course arranged our trip around food and friends! 
our last glimpse of the Spring that had finally come to our MN apt


We left early to have Chicago style pizza for lunch and have dinner in Louisville, KY for BBQ. 
Ribs at Mark's Feed Store in KY

The next day we stopped in Nashville for lunch with Marisa! It was such a blast to catch over lunch at Fido before making it to Atlanta. 

Once in good ole' GA, we got to see Andrew's parents and enjoy the warm weather.  His family had a Southern food feast for us and it was amazing.  We love spending time with his Mimi and family especially while enjoying pecan pie (my favorite!), a roast, macaroni and cheese, fried okra, green beans, salads, biscuits, and sweet tea.  We also played some golf with his parents...and yeah.  I've never played before.  That's why all I'm always in the cart from the pictures :)

a view from the cart

everyone putting

I got to swing by Ga. Tech and around some of my favorite spots in Atlanta.  

We also sold our 4Runner while down here and recently bought a new car. Woo hoo! We needed 4 wheel drive for the MN winter and wanted to shave some miles off.  While waiting- no joke- 10 hours at the car dealership, I stopped into Hobby Lobby twice.  It was next door and the visits were several hours apart and I was at the end of my waiting-on-the-hubs-to-negotiate-at-the-dealership rope.  Here are some of the fun things I saw and restrained myself from buying: 


they had tons of unique knobs!

I thought these twine ones were great

a lot of these reminded me of anthropologie

I thought these would be cute in a barn or outdoor area

these could be fun as mail sorters

ha. andrew and my dad would laugh with this one

they had tons of party supplies and these mustaches seem to be super trendy


cute mini journals!

thought this was a cool set of drawers

a whole NASCAR section...

 and John Deere fabric = we're back in the South

No comments:

Post a Comment