Saturday, March 26, 2011

a lazy saturday

It felt so great to sleep in!  Andrew was so sweet to lay around with me for a long time this morning!  After actually getting up, we just did a few errands and hung out around the house (cleaning up the kitchen, some spring cleaning + goodwill piles, baking, reading, etc).

I made more scones.  I think we're addicted.  This time- since I'm married to a chocoholic- I made part of the batch with chocolate chips also.  He was very excited. 

Here they are on the cooling rack. 

A few days ago the college girls I meet with came over for dinner and our small group.  I bought some daisies to give them and had a few left over so I put them out around the house. 


dining area

kitchen

And...here's the pillow I made last week!  It's burlap with a thicker lining and a ruffle.  




I was a little rusty and it took a while, but I was so glad to get it done!

I also recently reorganized my husband's desk while he was gone.  I tried to think of a way to serve him and relieve him because he lives (and thrives) off of having 50 different projects going on at once.  And he loves organization.  There were lots of piles and stacks of books.  I took him with me to find a masculine basket to put on his desk and he picked this one out.  It was on sale for $1! 





 Here's the bulletin board to the left of his desk.  I cleaned it up some too.  And I made a little pocket for notes and pictures I've given him.


I made it with a fabric sample while searching for new pillow fabric.  

Then I just tacked each side to the board.  It was basically a tiny bag and I hemmed the edges.  So easy. 

Mom would be proud. :)

1 comment: