Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resting for a week.

We just got back from a big conference with a ton of amazing students we get to hang out with. Seriously, it was such a blast. I am incredibly grateful I get to do what I do.

Anywho, Andrew and I are just settling back into being in our apartment for longer than a night or two and actually unpacking out bags. We're taking the week off after a busy semester, Christmas, and conference over New Year's day. So we slept for like 10 hours and I took several unplanned naps during the day. Aka I fell asleep while reading a few times and even watching the news. Ha! Needless to say I feel more rested today and I've been running some errands.


Yesterday we went to see True Grit at the theaters which is a rare thing for us. We're not big movie people but we wanted to do something fun together and after I nixed going to see Tron, we settled on True Grit. I was surprised at how good it was. It had religious overtones which was interesting in an old western remake about revenge.
Anyway, here's an interesting articleI found about the movie and relating it to how we as believers think about revenge.

Christmas with our families was so fun and memorable and time with students at conference was a blast. So now we're resting up for another semester. Thinking about all the retreats, a trip to NC for a seminary class Andrew's taking, a set-up trip to India, etc. we have makes me grateful for this week. Also, along with pots and pans, helpful cooking things, clothing gift cards, restaurant cards, Twins gift card, coffee gift cards, we got a sewing machine. Woo hoo! I read a lot of the directions last night and made some quick curtain ties I'd been waiting forever to make. I was pretty rusty but thank goodness a few buttonholes and making some quick hems wasn't too bad. But I'm excited to crank out a few other things I've been thinking about.

Here she is. The nicest machine I've ever used. 60 stitches. Embroidery and sewing and quilting- Ya know if I ever want to fit in more up here. Seriously I could go on, but that would give away my inner domesticity that I sometimes try to suppress.

1 comment:

  1. such a great sewing machine! lets have a sewing party sometime :) Plus, your machine is WAY nicer than mine and I'd love to try some of the fun settings :)

    ReplyDelete