Sunday, January 16, 2011

Good reads

I've been perusing a few helpful Christian resources lately. Take a look with me:
  1. "When Athiests Are Angry at God": Here's an article about a study's findings that those who don't believe in God are angry at God. Which, is an interesting thought since you must know something exists in order to be mad at it. Romans 1 is helpful going along with it
  2. Of First Importance: A blog that offers daily whiffs of the gospel, to root and remind me of the good news. I need it to remember who I am in Christ, what he's done, and to incline my heart to God (and away from my selfishness)
  3. Paul Tripp's Twitter account: multiple times every day Tripp, a Biblical counselor (Andrew and I heard him speak at our church's marriage retreat last year!), shares helpful reminders to trust God and remember Christ first
  4. "Born to Reproduce": Not about making babies, but spiritual discipleship, being invested in, and investing in others. That the gospel will go forth through people via relationships and training. From the a Navigators seminar. So good
  5. A non-spiritual, but interesting info graphic on the world's obsession with facebook
  6. "Don't Create a New Law for Yourself" Another way of understanding the gospel as believers or unbelievers and that the enemy of the gospel is always legalism (trying to get to God by working/being good enough).
  7. "Depression's Odd Filter" and "Heart of Depression": Helpful articles about depression and battling it as a Christian
  8. "Praying Scripture": a quick article about how to pray Scripture- a concept I felt insecure with and didn't understand for a while, but it's so sweet and powerful



No comments:

Post a Comment