Sunday, December 19, 2010

Celebrations


Time with our Minnesota family, a birthday, and our early Christmas means lots of fun and celebrating.

We had our staff training this week on Strengths Finder tests. Very interesting. Staff training means lots of hanging out with our second family up here in ole MN: our staff team. We had a Christmas party, then girls' night out, a night in with hubs (when I attempted and failed at making mushroom risotto), then dinner with Laura and dessert with Samm.

And now let me tell you about my sweet, thoughtful husband. My birthday was Friday. I got home Thursday night and outside our door was a rose and a note to get some bags packed for the next night. And he had a petit four waiting for me! Wow. A man after my heart!

After work he whisked me away to the Depot hotel on the Mississippi River in Minneapolis. It's a hotorical hotel that used to be in this old train depot. There's also an attached indoor ice rink.

Due to my love of Mexican food, Andrew found this amazing Latin restaurant on Nicollet:


We did a little shopping, saw the Holidazzle parade and had an awesome birthday dinner at Masa complete with tres leches cake. so. good. Here we are enjoying that cake!



Yum! Then my great friend Hannah came in town and after a little more shopping (thank you birthday gift cards!) and we got to hang out. I tried to show her the ropes of driving and surviving in 10 degree weather. Ha. THEN my hubby took me out to see A Christmas Carol at the Guthrie (check out that pic courtesy of a google search). He's so thoughtful (and a trooper- he's taken me so so many plays!) That was Saturday.

And here was my personal favorite character...the Ghost of Christmas Present. I laughed a lot because he was funny but mainly how awkward it was that he didn't have a shirt on under his big ole robe. Ha. Quite humorous (and weird).

Sunday we flew down to Atlanta and were met at the airport by my father in law. We had a blast at a sort of family Christmas party/hang out. Complete with parker house sandwiches, chicken salad, broccoli salad, fudge, pecan bars, apple cider, and a rowdy game of Guesstures. Which I must add the women won. Thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment