Monday, September 24, 2012

barefoot and ...in the kitchen

Over the past couple of months I've been able to get back to cooking.  I couldn't even think about cooking, remember what we even had in the fridge, or contemplate that I'd have energy or time to make a meal for the first few months of motherhood...but now some semblance of sanity has returned and I've been getting back in the swing of it.

Here are a few things we're been digging into lately:

  • Flounder Fish Tacos- yummy and a good change up!
  • Chicken Paprikash
  • Chicken (or pork chops) with Balsamic Peppers- I used pork chops so break up the overload of chicken we'd been having and it turned out well. Next time I would just do this dish on the stove instead of in the oven...to bring more depth to the peppers and onions and make the sauce a bit thicker after cooking.  Still good. 
  • Green Beans- I always change recipes and in this one I subbed bacon for pancetta and pecans for pine nuts; tasty


No comments:

Post a Comment