Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Pregnancy vs. Motherhood

Over the past couple of months I've tried to remember pregnancy and relished motherhood...

Things I miss after pregnancy:
  • Feeling the boys kick all the time
  • Having an excuse to do whatever I want to!
  • Being able to ask Andrew for back massages all the time :)
  • Waking up to my boys moving around
  • Andrew praying for these little men with hands on my tummy
  • Getting to take lots of naps!
  • Never feeling like I need to suck in my tummy :)
Things I'm grateful for again:
  • Pants without elastic waistbands...even though it will still be a while after delivery!
  • Walking into a clothing store and knowing you can try something on and it may actually fit!
  • Sleeping on whatever side I'd like to (even if I'm not getting much of it!)
  • Not having someone kick my ribs from the inside
  • Having a little more bladder control...yes there are stories there!
  • Not having to pee in the middle of the night anymore!
  • People commenting on my body all the time- wether nice or not it's so weird to get used to!
  • Getting to exercise more
  • T-shirts fitting again, at least they don't show my tummy anymore
  • Being able to bend over again to put on shoes, pick up things etc!
  • Being able to wash dishes without turning sideways and eat without reach over my belly
New things I'm grateful for in motherhood:
  • Finally meeting Grayson and Jackson
  • Getting to hold their precious hands and feet!!
  • Watching the boys dream and make lots of different facial expressions
  • Still getting to eat as much as I want
  • All the meals people have brought so I don't have to cook all the time!
  • Getting to have my boys lay on my shoulder and in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment