Thursday, March 15, 2012

freezer stocking

Since these boys are coming sometime within the next few weeks to month and a half I figured I'd better prepare for hibernation.  It at least felt like that!  Andrew was in India for a week so I made a ridiculous trip to Sam's Club and looked like a crazed pregnant woman.

You can also see I picked up a lot of snack foods since nursing twins means I'll (potentially) be eating 3500 calories a day! Woah!

For the whole week I baked and cooked some, but mainly assembled freezer ready meals, meats, veggies, and fruits so we can eat even when we're both exhausted from little ones.
our kitchen was a mess!
3 sheet pans of roasted chicken breasts and thighs to shred

Here's the freezer inventory sheet I used to keep track of what I made and how much is in the freezer.  So when we have few functioning brain cells and two crying babes, we can figure out what we've got!

Here are the recipes and extra info in case you're interested:

Meats/Fish:
Meals:
Veggies:
Smoothies/fruit:
Baked goods:
  • Lemon Yogurt Cake
  • Granola
  • Cornbread muffins- used Jiffy
  • bought some ciabatta bread on sale and some wheat rolls
General Freezing info:
All the info said to freeze flat and in freezer bags, so now we have piles of these in our freezer!

No comments:

Post a Comment