Friday, October 28, 2011

Life this fall

Up here fall has been amazing.  Favorite one so far- at least on the weather point.  It's now starting to get chillier and the upcoming cold has begun to creep into my mind.  With the temps slowly falling and the days getting shorter, I know the winter is approaching.  I've pulled out boots and scarfs and begun making soup again.  
Here's a little fall basket on our patio!


I just can't get over how fast it's gone by.  It really has felt like a blur, a haze- as the beginning of the school year always does.  Here are a few of the things we've been up to:

Missions Conference:
Hub's heart for the nations pushed him to get our staff to put on a college missions conference.  Here's a picture of him and our church pastor speaking there.  Nearly 150 people came, which was encouraging. Proud of him!


Hubby

Pastor John
Meeting with students: 

I also meet with several groups of girls and here's 1 of the sophomore small groups we have over every week:
They're super fun! 
One girl, Heidi, in the purple, even came over this week and wanted to make these awesome pumpkin spice cupcakes.  So easy: 1 can pumpkin and 1 box cake mix.  That's it! We frosted them with cream cheese icing.  They were great and actually healthy!

As for the juniors and seniors women I meet with, I'm making them pick a meal that we cook together so they have at least one go to meal when they graduate that they know they can do.  A couple are kitchen whizzes and a few have some hilarious stories of mishaps!  I thought this was one way to incorporate them more into my life now and teach them a practical life skill.  Plus I have Titus 2 in mind and I want to teach them how to walk maturely with the Lord and hospitality is part of it!  Teaching them to love their husbands is another part of that verse and cooking is usually one part of that!

Here's Anna's menu of what we made last week:

1) Lemon Rosemary Grilled Marinated Chicken Breast
2) Broccoli with Almonds
3) Baked Sweet Potatoes (bake at 425 for 1 hour)

She did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment