Tuesday, October 18, 2011

cookin' it up

With the beautiful weather we've been having I was pulling out some summer recipes, but we've since turned the corner of autumn heading toward winter and it's been warm weather food.

Here are some of the things we've been lately:

4. Mushroom Frittata (to which I also added some red bell pepper and a thawed, strained package of frozen spinach for a little heartiness)
5. Andrew's chili and lots of cornbread
6. My mom's incredible Crawfish Pie recipe- it sounds weird to non-Louisianans but think chicken pot pie but cajun style.  It takes like crawfish etoufee in a pie.  SO good! And it reminded me of home :)


This week I'm planning to try this new crock pot Chicken Tortilla Soup and later on saute some kale from the farmers market as a side with some rotisserie chicken.  

The farmers market has been great for us and along with lots of veggies and late season berries we got some pumpkins we'll carve this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment