Saturday, September 3, 2011

It's finally here...

g a m e d a y!  

I've anticipated start of this season like crazy lately.  It means fall is really here, school is back in session, the weather will soon turn chilly (or relief is coming if you're in GA) and I look forward to Saturdays with even more excitement. It means leaves will change soon, more soup and warm food, and weekly glimpses of home!  
fall is coming!

The fall brings memories of college: tailgate hopping, pulled pork and barbecues, classy gameday outfits, carefree time with friends, anticipation, and after filling our 92,000+ seat stadium, hearing the bugle play and Larry Munson's classic voice narrate the best all time plays, after all that, then we get to watch our team play and win :).  
a favorite campus past time 

i loved blackout games

It's a tradition in our 2 person family to wake up have a home cooked breakfast while getting the biggest college game picks and previews with Gameday.  Lee Courso picked Georgia to win today.  And I respect him all the more for it!  
college gameday

Today up here, we had a tailgate with the students we "work" with and it went great.  The team won their opener and everyone was pumped for the weekend after their first week of classes.  I love getting to spend time with these women I mentor and meeting new faces.  Post this small tailgate at small school, we've been checking the scores up big games.  But really we're over the top excited for the BIG game. Georgia and Boise are playing tonight on ESPN.  I wish I could be there, but praise the Lord for TV coverage and a husband that's just as excited :).

It's also another excuse to have people over! Our friends Caroline and John went to high school and college with me and are fellow Dawg fans!  How gracious is the Lord?!  
thought I'd leave you with this: even Uga gets into the Auburn rivalry. it's one of my favorite Georgia moments ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment