Tuesday, April 19, 2011

a little trip to charlotte

Andrew and I are hanging out in our living room.  in Charlotte.  Actually we're in a hotel, a gigantor one.  Hubs loves to use Priceline.com and his little secret scored big this time.  We have a super nice room with personal patio, kitchenette, living room, bedroom, and large bathroom.  For $60 a night! Woah!

and this is a terrible picture, but that's the skyline in the background.  Note: no snow, lush trees and very green grass.  We're not in Minnesota anymore. 

Anyway, my parents came up to Charlotte on Saturday to go to a local beer festival and stayed through, today to hang out with me and Andrew.  They are wonderful!  As we left Minneapolis, though beautiful, was heading toward another snow, and when we got to Charlotte it was in the 70s.  Thankfully my parents have incredible taste in food (get it?! pun intended) and we went straight to Maggiano's.  It's a little family tradition.  We get a big salad, share some entrees, and stay late until they're about to close the place.  Last night was no exception.  Then we headed over to the Cheesecake Factory next door.  Fortunately, mom, like me is chocolate obsessed.  We shared the yummy and huge carrot cake.  Dad and Andrew are two peas in a pod when it comes to dessert.  They were indecisive when there were like 5 cheesecakes that were chocolate and peanut butter.

Anyway after we waddled our way back to our cars, we slept and the next morning, you guessed it, met up for a good breakfast.  Mom had heard there was a Flying Biscuit up here so we opted to eat there.  Mom and I shared a plate of eggs over black bean cakes, tomatillo sauce and feta cheese along with some creamy grits and a biscuit.  And none of us were hungry for lunch.  Go figure.

flying. biscuit. yum!

the rents!

We walked and talked in the park with Mom and Dad and when they had to drive back south to GA, Andrew and I regrouped and went for a run before finding a Mexican restaurant for dinner.  Actually it was Honduran and Mexican mix, so while it was great, didn't quite hit the spot for my Mexican food craving/obession/idolatry.

While hubs was in class...did I mention the reason for the trip? Ha, well, Andrew is working toward his masters at a seminary in Charlotte.  He takes classes online, but had to fly down for this one and I of course opted to accompany him. Anyway while he was learning deep theological truths and distinguishing major philosophical movements (or going over the syllabus) I went to this cute Starbucks in an old house. Tough life, I know.



Oh, and Harris Teeter!  I forgot about the Carolina grocery stores.  So much nicer than all the Midwestern ones.  Remind me of a new Piggly or Publix.  Anyway, Andrew loves me and threw a couple of these in the cart for us to enjoy :)




No comments:

Post a Comment