Monday, July 12, 2010

India adventure

Well, I've been in India for a few days now and it's been great (and stretching)!

We originally had some delays with our flights and connections because of thunderstorms in Chicago. Though we missed our first flight to India, we all made it on the same flight the next day. We also had a few hang ups with one of our student's visa, but it was all worked out just barely in the nick of time. And looking back we realize our flight was delayed so that we'd have time to work out the visa issue.

It has, as expected, been unbelievably hot. The first day I through my entire shirt- so much for feeling ladylike! Jet lag has taken its toll for a few days but today I feel up and more energized than I have. I think we're finally able to stay up to about 10pm here and wake up around 6am. So we're starting to hit a rhythm. Andrew has been doing great. He seemed to adjust pretty well from the beginning. I must tell you that currently 93 its degrees and it feels amazing! It's cloudy and actually rained/sprinkled for a few minutes today. It was so refreshing! It's been in the 100s so we can really feel the difference!

The food has been good, no one has gotten sick yet. I will tell you though- I am already looking forward to a salad or a turkey sandwich when we get back! Thankfully they have good coffee and chai tea here in the mornings too.

We went shopping yesterday to Connaught Place which is a bustling little shopping area- see pic below (and note it is way hotter than shown in this pic. no one had on jackets!)We got some Kurtas (see below) from FabIndia to wear around and blend in a bit more. Otherwise we get stared at a lot!! Taller, white people are easy to spot here!!


No comments:

Post a Comment