Sunday, August 28, 2011

Life Recap, pictures coming soon

1. We left Sanibel and in two days made the 33 hour drive to Minneapolis (via, Orlando, Atlanta, Nashville, ole Paducah, KY, St. Louis and Iowa cornfields)

2. We had staff training and then a short retreat with our staff.  We discussed different theological topics and our church's stance for out training.  Then we headed south to Lake City which has Lake Pepin, which is the "birthplace of water skiing." Who knew? But it makes sense snow skis + lots of down time in winter + land of 10,000 lakes = water skiing.  It was a blast.  A friend brought his boat and we water skied and I learned to wake board. Such a blast!  Once I got up but then had no idea what to do, but it was definitely something I'd love to do again.

3. Next up we had a bridal shower at our apartment for a good friend Hannah who is not only from GA and a sorority sister of mine at UGA but is marrying a guy from MN and moving up here.  All I can say is hallelujah!  And, on a side note, Caroline, another friend from GA (who went to my high school) and was also a sorority sister of mine, has ALSO moved to Minneapolis. Double, Triple, Quadruple hallelujah! Who in the world would have thought.  Three AXOs from UGA who love the Lord would all be living in MN a few years later?!  I've been reminded of Ephesians 3:20 a lot lately.

Any who, the shower. It was a blast.  I was in charge of decorations so naturally I've been in a Pinterest pinning frenzy.  I sadly forgot to take pictures during the shower, but it turned out great.

4. Classes start tomorrow! Woah Nelly!  I'm going back and forth from excitement and feeling overwhelmed.  I know the Lord is in control.  God's really convicted me of my (lack of a) prayer life lately and I've been aiming for "expectant hope" especially toward the campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment