Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Recipe Catch Up

I've thankfully been able to cook a little lately too...

This week:
  • Super Quick Spaghetti Sauce- good without lots of time and especially when Andrew and some college football guys came over for dinner
  • Chicken Marsala- this is one of my go-to favs! We make it usually once a month.

This past weekend:
  • Butternut Squash Soup- SO good. Alittle too much work for me to do more than once a year though:) Unfortunately I forgot where I put the Minnesota wild rice I bought last week (typical) so I left the rice out. Still turned out great. Lots of flavor! And I got the squash from the farmer's market last week.
  • Chocolate Chip Pie- just to make my husband happy! He loves this stuff and has told me multiple times how excited he was that I made it. He's great- and easy to please:) And fyi, I only used one stick of butter (woah, still painful for me!) instead of 1 and a half.
  • Instant Black Bean Soup- great for when we had our couples' small group . I spiced it up by sautĂ©ing onions, adding some pulled chicken, rice, smoked paprika, and a touch of half and half. We also had some cornbread (thank you Jiffy) to go along.

In the last few weeks:
  • Chicken with Goat Cheese and Sun-Dried Tomatoes- only the best for awesome company: Ginnie was visiting :) I was inspired by this chicken + goat cheese recipe and this old favorite. Unfortunately, I didn't have time to stuff the chicken, so I seasoned the chicken with salt and pepper and browned the chicken breasts on the stove. Then I topped each with some goat cheese and sun-dried tomatoes and let them finish cooking and the cheese begin to melt. While in the oven, I made a little sauce by caramelizing some red onions and reducing the browned bits from the pan with chicken stock. Yum!
  • Baked Asparagus with Brown Butter Sauce- I mentioned it before- so good!
  • Double Baked Potatoes- thank you Pioneer Woman! I also mentioned this before too
  • Quinoa and Brown Rice- I needed a quick side so I grabbed this bag of brown rice and quinoa mix, then I added feta, scallions, a little garlic and salt and pepper. I was inspired from this favorite orzo recipe.
  • Pork Chops- based on this recipe were super tasty too! Though I usually get recipes from searching online, I actually get cookbooks from the library pretty regularly (except for the last few months) and this is from the book "Rachael Ray: 2, 4, 6, 8"

No comments:

Post a Comment