Thursday, October 14, 2010

thankfulness

Whew. It's only Thursday and it's been a long week. Sweet though.

Last weekend Andrew's wonderful parents and Mimi came to visit. We went down to the Pine Tree Apple Orchard up in White Bear. It was so good! The apple turnovers and apple-pecan pie we got were super tasty!

It felt like the peak of autumn here as all the trees were changing and reds and golds came out.

Then this week it was a lot of meeting with girls, meeting new ones, following up with some, challenging others. And today, Thursday was our day of prayer and planning. Also sweet, but long. I tend to feed off time with people so a long day of silence and prayer and writing alone can be just as draining.

I really was convicted though about how much I fail to thank God. I mean there are tons of mercies, blessings, gifts that I don't even recognize as such. I was so glad hubs built in a portion of thanksgiving to our staff team's day. So, here are some of the things I'm most thankful for (no specific order):

1. My wonderful husband- thoughtful, compassionate, loving, godly, handsome and lots of fun!
2. Our sweet families- we can't get over how much we enjoy both sides of our families. we're so grateful for their encouragement and love and that we have fun with them!
3. God's faithfulness and care!- I over and over again fail as a Christian and don't get things right, I forget other things easily and so easily wander, BUT God is so sweet that He won't let me leave His hand. And when I am faithless and living out of self-sufficiency, He draws me back and reminds me to rely only upon Him.
4. Ministry- that God's opened doors to get to know sweet freshmen girls and invest more into some amazing sophomores. They are dear. And it's only by His mercy that I get to see them grow in beholding Christ (and that they do at all!).
5. Health- ah, so much that could be going wrong. Each cell, nerve, bone, ligament, organ has a billion things going on and God keeps us together. Wow. Though this could change, we know for now God's mercy and grace looks like good health.
6. Sweet friends- our staff team up here in Minnesota and my former team in Atlanta, college girlfriends in Georgia, sisters in Christ all over- are such an important part of my heart! I am so grateful for the girls who get me and love the Lord
7. Material conveniences and luxuries- Our well running cars, our great apartment that we got to decorate, we get to work together, we live near our "work", getting to cook often, etc. the list could go on
8. God's provision for our support- yes, we're so grateful for this!
9. Our salvation- we did nothing for it, but would be pretty hopeless without it! Really, I think to when I didn't know Christ and I'm humbled to have a hope that never moves, never leaves and a God who never stops accepting me and stops at nothing to love me.


No comments:

Post a Comment