Saturday, September 25, 2010

working for the weekend...

Ahh, another weekend. This week was long- good, but long. Hubs and I were on campus a lot and there were more days when we saw each other as we were heading to bed. Andrew also had a ton of administrative things to get done which ate away his time too. I was so looking forward to the weekend of getting to hang out with my best friend.

We ran some errands this morning (oil changes in our cars, looking for some new (and modest) athletic shorts-thanks to my husband, quick grocery run) then worked out. We just bought memberships at Anytime Fitness, which is I think 2 miles or so away.

The things I most looked forward to this weekend:

1. Time with my hubs

2. Surprising aforementioned hubs with a homemade breakfast (which is reserved only for the occasional Saturday morning). We had Paula Deen's baked french toast, which I obviously lightened with far less butter and it was still delicious!

Yum!

And the praline topping! (Andrew and I differ on the pronunciation, but obviously I learned the Louisiana "praw-leene" way and that's what we go with in this house!)

3. A good SEC game on a national channel. Thank you! Though it's not Georgia, most networks play multiple games on at one time. What shows depends on what region you live in. So basically we get a lot of Michigan, Perdue and Wisconsin games instead getting to watch Georgia, Alabama, Auburn or LSU play.

4. Getting a good workout in- we joined Anytime Fitness and love it. Thank you Blue Cross Blue Shield for paying us to go to the gym! I love our insurance. Wow. I've never heard anyone say that before.

5. Blog surfing. Ok, I have to be careful with this. Blogs can eat away my time. Though a little more substantive than facebook, before I know it hours have passed and I've been looking at different gray paint color schemes for a whole day. Here are the biggest culprits for me:

Pioneer Woman
FoodGawker
Food Network
Cooking Light
Southern Living

6. Taking naps!

7. Finding new recipes. Like the Pioneer Woman's sugar cookies. They're super good!! But they're actually more of a mix of sugar cookies and shortbread cookies. I followed the recipe reducing the butter a little, but I learned that they don't change much once you pop them in the oven, so I wished I'd made them a little flatter and prettier looking!

Thank you Lord for weekends!

1 comment:

  1. This is a fun post! I ate indian food this weekend. wow! how did you survived eating such spicy food all summer? I felt ill

    ReplyDelete